I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO COPY OR PUBLISH MY PHOTOGRAPHS

Please be aware that I do not wish to have my photographs published , pinned or repinned on Pinterest.

copyright notice

Monday, April 2, 2018

Sky shots



Aiming without looking. 


The're called "Sky Shots".



I'm surprised how many photos actually turned out. 



You have to crawl under these Hellebore to see their faces. 




I can't crawl under them to take a photo. 
My ducks and geese have already been there.  




Amazing how my Hellebore have evolved. 
From one original color to many, many colors.





Hellebore are a most rewarding flower.
 They bloom early, through ice and snow. 

Wishing you a great week ahead, 

Gina  


6 comments:

  1. Hellebores are such a gift to we gardeners - I am always amazed how they keep on standing and flowering whatever the weather throws at them with no ill effects. However, as you mention Gina, they are so difficult to photograph, but you have managed to catch their faces perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rosemary, For the first time this year, my Hellebores froze solid. Most of them recovered. It took a couple of weeks for the more delicate colors to recover. I know that you are enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say...Gina, surely you did not crawl under those plants to get their lovely faces. I must say though you must certainly all but turn upside down to capture the beauty of the Hellebores. I need to get a few more photos before their time is complete. We are getting more snow this Friday evening and Saturday morning...take care dear one~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary, I cheated. I just placed the camera under the plants and took a chance that it was pointed in the right direction. Crawling under the plants is taking a big chance around here. Possibly my ducks have been "fertilizing" the area.
      Your Wood Duck photos are very special.

      Delete
  4. Dear Gina,
    Your Hellebores look particularly lovely against the blue sky above.I am looking forward to mine developing
    such gorgeous colors, maybe next year.In the meantime my Azaleas, white and pink, have been very pretty.
    Hugs, Sieglinde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sieglinde, Mine had a slow start. However, once Hellebores get established and disperse their seeds, there is not stopping them. And since they bloom so early in the year, they are always welcome.
      I have seen pictures of your Azaleas and you are right. They are stunning.

      Delete